Arlington Heating & Air Conditioning wants to help our Virgina customers live a greener lifestyle. We offer high-efficiency products tailored to your needs and budget. Call us today to schedule an energy audit of your Arlington home and find ways to start saving money.
The Inflation Reduction Act addresses this issue. From electric vehicles and furnaces to solar paneling and heat pumps, the IRA is a blueprint to help you electrify. It encourages homeowners and businesses to replace any machinery that burns fossil fuels.
Take Advantage of Inflation Reduction Act Benefits
HVAC Tax Credits The IRA 30 percent tax credit runs through 2032 and applies retroactively to products installed beginning January 1, 2022. The maximum credits are:
- Air Conditioners—Up to $600
- Heat Pumps—Up to $2,000
- Furnaces and Boilers—Up to $600
- Geothermal Systems—Up to 30 percent on purchase and installation (no cap on the amount)
- Solar Paneling—Up to 30 percent on purchase and installation (no cap on the amount)
Here is a closer look at HVAC products and eligibility requirements:
- All ducted air-source heat pumps with the ENERGY STAR® label qualify.
- Split air conditioner systems must have a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER2) of 16 or more. All packaged systems with ENERGY STAR certification are eligible.
- Gas furnaces must have an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) rating of at least 97 percent.
- Gas boilers with an AFUE of at least 95 percent qualify.
- Oil-fueled boilers and furnaces must be capable of using fuel blends.
The overall total limit for an efficiency tax credit in one year is $3,200.